MC7455 and Visible by Verizon, Grammie help!

Related to Router Devices ONLY
beausmith94

MC7455 and Visible by Verizon, Grammie help!

Post by beausmith94 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Hello, trying to get Gma some decent internet in the boonies w/ Visible by verizon.

Previously, I had an Unlimited LTE sprint card in an MC7455(PCI/USB/Antenna adapter) routed to a TP-link with Rooter installed (ofmodemsandmen). This worked great. I pulled 100+ mbps.

NOW I have Visible unlimited, through verizon. I am trying to use the guide here: viewtopic.php?t=33

to set my MC7455 up. I have not been successful though!

Background:
SIM is activated, it is my phone sim. Works great on my iphone.
The plan is unlimited, with unlimited hotspot (speeds capped for unlimited, but going to try and work around that)

Just like for sprint, I am testing this on my Windows 10 machine w/ Skylight installed prior to attempting the Rooter Router.

I have installed the latest generic firmware (PTCRB & GCF Approved—Release 26).

I have tried different APN configurations "vsblinternet" "VSBLINTERNET" "vzwinternet"

I have tried IPv6 enabled/disabled per the guide above

I have tried using Verizon's Sierra Driver

and finally, I have toggled IPv6 on an off for the APN's above. (all while OEM resetting the router/refashing generic firmware between variations of AT! commands).

IF ANYONE COULD JUST POST THE SERIES OF AT! COMMANDS I WOULD NEED TO IMPLEMENT A WORKING SESSION THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

Thanks in advance :)

JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: MC7455 and Visible by Verizon, Grammie help!

Post by JimHelms » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:22 pm

There have been several on the forum who tried to use Visable to no avail. Do a search for Visible for more information.

Someone suggested the reasoning was:
Looked at Visible few months back and asked around on rv travel forums. Seemed no one could get SIM to work in devices like we826. Maybe it has something to do with "Mobile hotspot speeds capped at 5 Mbps and limited to one tethered device at a time."

beausmith94

Post by beausmith94 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:09 pm

There are actually a few on Reddit who have had success, and I am trying to coordinate with them. I was hoping there was an adventurous soul on LTE hacks.

**Edit, I popped the thing into my Franklin R850 (which is supposed to be locked to Sprint....) and pulled about 10mbps. Used APN "VSBLINTERNET" so there must be something I'm doing wrong with the MC7455

beausmith94

Post by beausmith94 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:34 pm

FIXED! Spent the better part of the day getting this up and running! Pulling 15-30mbps down, and 5-15mpbs up from the bottom floor of my house. All for 25 bucks a month since I'm taking advantage of the Party Pay. Reminder: Visible deprioritizes Visible customers when Verizon customers are active, AND the unthrottled bandwidth is offered for a limited time. I imagine my bandwidth could be greater or less depending on the time I test.

Note: Having both Skylight and Windows 10 managing the LTE connections leads to connection instability. Skylight will continually try to update/fix apn settings. Just uninstall Skylight and connect to MC7455, manually connect with Windows in the connection center. You will still want MC7455 drivers from the sierra wireless website.

This is for an MC7455 in a PCI adapter, with a Visible Verizon SIM, connected via USB to a windows 10 usb. Generic firmware installed on MC7455, most recent drivers installed from Sierra Wireless. I sent the commands using "My Huawei Terminal" but I believe you can send commands through putty as well.

AT! Commands for setup:

at!entercnd="A710" : Establishes admin access to Modem
at!usbcomp=1,1,1009 : sets MC7455 to MBIM mode, required for most interfaces (routers)
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","VSBLINTERNET" : sets APN as visble (seems that capitalization matters)
at+cgdcont=1,"IPV4V6","VSBLINTERNET" : allows for IPV4V6 use... this was a setting that seemed to "enable" my service.

The following commands associate verizon's/visible's bands with a name your MC7455 can use to pick specific bands to connect to. Visible uses verizon's 2, 4, 5, 13, and 66, but MC7455 doesn't support band 66.

at!band=0A,"B2",0,0000000000000002 : band 2 is now associated with 0A
at!band=0B,"B4",0,0000000000000008 : band 4 is now associated with 0B
at!band=0C,"B5",0,0000000000000010 : band 5....
at!band=0D,"B13",0,0000000000001000 : band 13...
at!band=0E,"VZW (All)",0,000000000000101A :notice the 101A, this is a binary representation of all the band values above.

Depending on your area, you can set the bands. If you only have band 2 for example, you can set: at!band=0A,
Just sub 0A, B, C, D, or E.

at!band=0E will enable your MC7455 to connect to any bands/aggregate them for better download speeds. I have this enabled in my area since I have all of the bands. NOTE: if you don't have all of the bands "associated" using the above codes, using the at!band=0E command above will not work because the binary number (101A) will be different.

Hope this helps someone :)
These users thanked the author beausmith94 for the post:
gscheb (Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:36 pm)

gscheb

Post by gscheb » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 pm

Hello,
My aunt and uncle had fixed fixed wireless service and high winds blew down the tower they got service from. She had just had surgery and is confined to the house with no internet now. The only good cell service they have is verizon and the unlimited plan is gone now. Seen this post where it is possible to get the visible to work so tried it for them. And this absolutely worked for me.
AT! Commands for setup:
at!entercnd="A710" : Establishes admin access to Modem
at!usbcomp=1,1,1009 : sets MC7455 to MBIM mode, required for most interfaces (routers)
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","VSBLINTERNET" : sets APN as visble (seems that capitalization matters)
at+cgdcont=1,"IPV4V6","VSBLINTERNET" : allows for IPV4V6 use... this was a setting that seemed to "enable" my service.
Followed by the reset command of course.

After got this going realized needed to keep my WE826 for another set up so thought would try to set up a LB1120 and a NightHawk M1 too see it those would work. And it did. Ended up setting them up with the night hawk and just tethered to their existing router so every works as before with out resetting all the passwords on everything.

Going to show some pictures of how to add this to these devices encase anyone interested.

This is how to add it to the Netgear LB1120
LB1120 Manager Visible add APN.PNG
This is how to add it to the NetGear NightHawk M1
NetGear NightHawk M1 Visible add APN.PNG
Was able to run the visible card in all three of these devices like this. It is little slower then regular verizon data and twice the ping but it works so far.
These users thanked the author gscheb for the post:
beausmith94 (Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:19 pm)

beausmith94

Post by beausmith94 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Are you hiding your activity in any way? I feel like they specifically limit tethering to 5mbps, so I’m worried they may term services if they see a bunch of different IP addresses from the same hotspot.

gscheb

Post by gscheb » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:13 am

Not hiding activity. Not sure how to even do that. Yes they suppose to limit to 5mps. But for my aunt and uncle that is fine. Don't think their fixed wireless plan was even that fast.
I would like to know how to get past the lower streaming quality of the plan.
Told them to give it one month and see if they get booted off the service.