Need help with new WG3526 - MC7455 | AT&T SIM - Not connecting to LTE

Related to Router Devices ONLY
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Need help with new WG3526 - MC7455 | AT&T SIM - Not connecting to LTE

Post by JimHelms » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:09 pm

While I am skeptical this will correct your issue, my only other suggestion is to download a fresh Router firmware image and reflash the router, and MAKE SURE to UNCHECK the box to Save Settings.

Set the APN in MODEM > CONNECTION PROFILE and hard reboot, and see what happens.

In the end, I think we will find the issue is related to the SIM card, APN or activation.

JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Also sent you a PM.

JamesReinhold

Post by JamesReinhold » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Resolved - thanks for the support and assistance! For anyone else with the same presentation of problem, I was able to narrow this down with relative assurance that the issue was with either the SIM or the service provisioned by going through all of the mentioned steps.

The resolution was provisioning the SIM with a different service provider (which eliminated the SIM as the problem). I'm up and running.

JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm

JamesReinhold wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 pm
Resolved - thanks for the support and assistance! For anyone else with the same presentation of problem, I was able to narrow this down with relative assurance that the issue was with either the SIM or the service provisioned by going through all of the mentioned steps.

The resolution was provisioning the SIM with a different service provider (which eliminated the SIM as the problem). I'm up and running.
Not only that, you have learned a lot about configurations and troubleshooting issues. Glad it is all resolved.

JordanMatthews

Post by JordanMatthews » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:43 pm

I have a quick question for you. So you said that you resolved the issue. I’m having a similar issue with my mofi4500 router and att prepaid sim purchased from Walmart and activated through Netbuddy. The router only connects to WCDMA 1900 even when directly in town where I know there are several LTE bands available. So did the problem lie on Netbuddies end? If so how did you resolve it? New SIM?

JamesReinhold

Post by JamesReinhold » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 am

As I recall NetBuddy wasn't all that helpful in resolving the issue because I wasn't using their equipment. I cancelled within their window of return and got a full refund. I was able to use the same SIM card and provision it through another provider on the AT&T network and it worked fine. PM me if you can't find a different provider or need some help on that end.