I just received a MTK7621...

Related to Router Devices ONLY
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related issues PRIOR to posting for assistance.
Tuna8er

Re: I just received a MTK7621...

Post by Tuna8er » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:28 pm

So as it is that firm ware will not let me save changes to WAN1 or WAN2, this even with the right AT Commands as soon as I reboot or it loses power it reverts to the settings it came with go those to things, being programed back by the router. I tried to delete the Interfaces, they came back, I tried many times. I tried to bypass it by making my own interfaces. I think they just may be for show. Golden orb only detected it as a router with no modems. And on the interface, the modems receive power from USB slots. No way to know for sure without the full version of the firmware.
Does anyone know of any firmware for Worda H721. I bought the wifi mimo it came with, an ac radio/modem, now when I think about it that is late '90's early '2K' technologies. It was phased out, and replaced with b/g/n, "n" replacing "ac" and "b" replacing "a". This must be why it only shows 3G in the options. My modems won't connect to 3G. These things aren't defective their a scam. Seems like a lot of work to make $100. I guess if you have warehouses of this stuff, and lost money on it, I guess every penny counts. To bad they have to lie about it though, and rip off other hard working people. I seriously fought the LAN on it is 10/100/1000 Mbps. They also risked my actual modems. Wonder what their modems are made of card board aluminum foils, and C4.

Still no word back from mofi if I can send it in for repairs. Watch out for this company and 524WiFi.com.

Tuna8er

Post by Tuna8er » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:32 pm

As far as visible working against, would not be legal. Congress voted in 2008 that cable companies and cell carriers have to allow you to bring your own equipment. They can not sell you a service, then lease you the equipment to use said service, this is racketeering. They must provide equipment with service free of charge. Since that would be expensive, providers must allow private equipment as long as it does not slow their network down. So you see you are allowed to bring in approved devices. (Devices that do not slow down their services). It is regulated by the fcc, and Congress. FCC laws also make it a federal and sometimes international crime to use any cellular device to commit a crime. That includes false advertisement.
This H721 I believe to be a router from '90's early millennium era Europe, that they attempted to repurpose with the USB slots to power modems. When that failed, especially with US carriers doing away with 3G, and switching to 4G "VOLTE" compatible only devices. I believe they rig the device to appear as if your making changes, and then you feel as if you are doing something wrong. But are not actually changing anything but the display.
Fraud is a crime, cellular fraud is a Federal and International crime.

mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Tuna8er wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:28 pm
So as it is that firm ware will not let me save changes to WAN1 or WAN2, this even with the right AT Commands as soon as I reboot or it loses power it reverts to the settings it came with go those to things, being programed back by the router. I tried to delete the Interfaces, they came back, I tried many times. I tried to bypass it by making my own interfaces. I think they just may be for show.
Completely normal operation. I can't think of one thing that should be changed under the interface tab. This is all done automagically. You can not remove/delete interfaces in this way, if you do, like you have seen, it will 'repair' itself upon next reboot.
I bought the wifi mimo it came with, an ac radio/modem, now when I think about it that is late '90's early '2K' technologies. It was phased out, and replaced with b/g/n, "n" replacing "ac" and "b" replacing "a".
Impossible and completely wrong. 802.11ac is one of the latest wifi technologies if not the latest.
This must be why it only shows 3G in the options. My modems won't connect to 3G. These things aren't defective their a scam. Seems like a lot of work to make $100.
Pretty sure those modems still work with 3G, however, not for much longer. If the sim was active and working and your 4G/LTE signal flat out sucked, it would still fall back to 3G speeds, at least most of the different lines I've had do.
I guess if you have warehouses of this stuff, and lost money on it, I guess every penny counts. To bad they have to lie about it though, and rip off other hard working people. I seriously fought the LAN on it is 10/100/1000 Mbps. They also risked my actual modems. Wonder what their modems are made of card board aluminum foils, and C4.
I do not own an H721 but I know people still use them and as far as I know they are pretty decent devices.

All in all, it sounds like something has went south right from the start from sending random AT commands and flashing various firmwares and deleting interfaces etc. That and the fact that you've seemed to skip over various pieces of guidance that has been given, it doesn't fair well to receiving further help, imo anyway. I hate that you can't get your dual modem setup working, but you may be in too deep at this point as it looks like it's gonna take some real digging to get to the bottom of what is really going on. Again, first thing I'd do is get rid of one of those modems and start with getting the first one working. Having this much difficulty, try to simplify the system and go from there.

Tuna8er

Post by Tuna8er » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:45 am

Got it to work, just follow the advice here:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1703#p11634