T-Mobile Home Internet has hidden MHF4 connectors for external antennas?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Didneywhorl

Re: T-Mobile Home Internet has hidden MHF4 connectors for external antennas?

Post by Didneywhorl » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 pm

MudMan54 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:29 am
I purchased an 11 dBi Yagi Antenna for TV White Space (470-862 MHz). I'm still testing the configuration, but it made a significant difference in the dB gain. Had to send the first one back because of the poor packaging, but it's a high-quality antenna. I'll post my results in a couple of weeks.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TY ... UTF8&psc=1
You could've gotten a 600-3800MHz LPDA Radome 9dBi-11dBi Cellular Directional Antenna for half that price: https://ltefix.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... l-antenna/

I'm guessing your using a pair of them?

MudMan54

Post by MudMan54 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:56 pm

Thanks for the tip, but I already had a couple of the LTEFix 1700-2700MHz WiFi 4G LTE 15dBi Directional MIMO Antennas and wanted the maximum gain possible for the 600MHz band n71. With my location from the tower, I need all the gain I can achieve. I have a 30-foot antenna mast using 20ft of LMR400 cabling, my average T-Mobile signal is -115dBi to -120dBi on bands 2,4, and 66 after they updated the cell tower a couple of weeks ago. I've mapped out the cell tower and been to the cell site. From my location, I'm at one of the points of the cell tower antenna triangle, with no antennas directly beaming in my direction. :-( I've tried AT&T and Verizon but the signals are not as good as T-Mobile's service. I have lots of foliage and trees with no direct line of sight unless I go up to 60ft.
One thing I have discovered about antennas you just never know what will work best for your location and price is not always an indicator. I'm currently waiting on my WG1608 and a Quectel RM502-AE to arrive and hopefully have decent bandwidth using n71.

gscheb

Post by gscheb » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:24 pm

gscheb wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:12 pm
This is another update to what is posted above.

This is mismatched antenna ports. So for example antenna 1 & 3 are going to outside parabolic antenna. Then antenna 2 & 4 are going to a Mimo Proxicast wide band antenna. Know this is usually something that is a not preferred but it actually gave me the best signal strength combo and speeds so far.

Below is the new signal stats. The primary is band 2 and the secondary is band N71.
New Signals.png

These two antennas are pointed the same way. Not turned in anyway they are both vertical and horizontal position. The proxicast is about 3 to 4 feet below the parabolic. The primary signal will jump up to -117 at times. Think there might be interference between these antennas this is isn't done right.

Had to try for long time switching wires over and over to get the best upload. Some combinations would give upload of like .86 was just terrible.

Wouldn't recommend this set up honestly it is a rigged mess. But works good enough for me until someone comes out with a 4X4 mimo antenna that is manufactured to support band 71 & N71.
Another update looked into this again today.

After working thru the connections have learned that connection L4 is the primary connection.
It will connect to LTE with this only connected.
No other connections will do that.

What I am not sure if what connection pairs with it?
For example is it L4 & L3 go together?
Or is it is L4 & L2 go together?

Would think it would be L4 & L3 go together but also would have thought that L1 would have been the Primary antenna.

gscheb

Post by gscheb » Sun May 02, 2021 11:31 pm

gscheb wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:24 pm
Another update looked into this again today.

After working thru the connections have learned that connection L4 is the primary connection.
It will connect to LTE with this only connected.
No other connections will do that.

What I am not sure if what connection pairs with it?
For example is it L4 & L3 go together?
Or is it is L4 & L2 go together?

Would think it would be L4 & L3 go together but also would have thought that L1 would have been the Primary antenna.
Learned something else about this L4 primary antenna. Today when I connected it and it only to a wide band external antenna got LTE and 5G connection.
Once was thinking there was probably a LTE primary and 5G primary. But seems L4 is both. So maybe the other three are just diversity antennas?