PSA: AT&T Doing away with $35 iPad Unlimited.

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
shagndixie
Has thanked: 0

Re: PSA: AT&T Doing away with $35 iPad Unlimited.

Post by shagndixie » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:47 pm

I have the data connect pass ipad unlimited for 35 a month. A few days ago it stopped working. I logged I to the router under modem and status and it said connecting. Never connected. Tried for a couple of days,. I put my sim back in my ipad before contacting att to check if it was the sierra modem going out. Ipad not working either. Anywho, after contacting rep, he said to restart ipad and it worked. I asked what was the problem. He said my account had been suspended. He reactivated it no questions asked. I average a few hundred gb's a month netflix YouTube etc. Figure now that they may permanently ban my accout if I pop it back in the router and start streaming again. Meanwhile. I have a tmobile home internet setup on the way so I might as well try it ban or not.

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:43 pm

Prepaid?

IMEI trickery?

shagndixie

Post by shagndixie » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:40 pm

Imei trickery, no. Not sure about prepaid. I believe it is.

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:11 am

The prepaid ipad plans have been getting axed on all devices that dont match the imei to the registered imei on the account. AKA if it isn't an ipad or tablet imei, its likely getting axed.

The Post Paid plans do not seem to have this problem.

mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:33 am

Didneywhorl wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:11 am
The prepaid ipad plans have been getting axed on all devices that dont match the imei to the registered imei on the account. AKA if it isn't an ipad or tablet imei, its likely getting axed.

The Post Paid plans do not seem to have this problem.
I think the initial 'flag' is the data usage, then when an actual person looks at the account they may pitch a fit about matching IMEI. As far as I know, there are basically 2 types of ATT unlimited tablet plans. The original being the 'buyasession' unlimited tablet plan for 35/mo., and the 2nd plan being the newer postpaid tablet plan through ATT's normal account portal for $20/mo. From everything I've seen it looks like the original buyasession accounts get flagged around 200GB and up. I've stayed under that limit and no issues for year and a half or so. I'll update if I do end up getting cut however. On both plans I think the 'hostspot' usage is based on a combination of TTL and ports. I see no hotspot usage on 5 separate lines. 1 ATT 'buyasession' tablet, 2 ATT postpaid tablet, 1 ATT prepaid unlimited 5G, 1 VZW unlimited prepaid.

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:05 pm

I think your probably correct.

On another note...
I don't even think ATT uses TTL/HL. I think they just use the "broadband" APN for all hotspot/tablet data.

HisokaXFreecs
Been thanked: 0

Post by HisokaXFreecs » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:51 pm

Which number can i call and how can i get the reps to understand which department im looking for? Any input would be nice. They just blacklisted me. But if their is any hope of getting it turned back on i would like to try. Thanks