add lte router to existing verizon plan, or something else

Topics Related to Cell Towers, Frequencies and Bands
bvwelch
Been thanked: 0

Re: add lte router to existing verizon plan, or something else

Post by bvwelch » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:32 am

It is good to hear success story about EP06A and ATT

But I noticed the EM06-A -- is it an improvement over the EP0A? And what about power/current for each? Is a hefty power supply recommended? thank you.

bvwelch
Been thanked: 0

Post by bvwelch » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:36 am

thanks for all of the great info -- after further study, I've ordered the external usb-pci.e enclosure and the EC25AF. I already have a few routers running openwrt that are on the GO firmware list.
I will likely have questions, but probably should move them to a better place on this forum? For example can I use the GO firmware and the EC25AF, prior to purchasing a sim card, and figure out which providers are available? If not that is OK - I know Verizon works with my phone, and a friend says ATT works. I hope to use Cricket data plan but if that doesnt work out I hope to add this new lte modem to my existing verizon plan as a BYOD?

toddw

Post by toddw » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:29 pm

bvwelch wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:32 am
It is good to hear success story about EP06A and ATT

But I noticed the EM06-A -- is it an improvement over the EP0A? And what about power/current for each? Is a hefty power supply recommended? thank you.

I got an NEXQ6GO-U from ltefix and using that with no issues. I am running the march release of goldenorb and I do have it locked to specific bands via a band profile.