MIMO Setup Help

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Twoods196

MIMO Setup Help

Post by Twoods196 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Hello all, I've got my we826 and mc7455 all hooked up and getting a signal with the stock antennas but I had ordered at the same time 2 wide band directional antennas from ltefix these to be exact. https://ltefix.com/shop/antennas/700-27 ... al-antenna

Now my question is concerning the postioning of the antennas. I know I will need to set them up in a diamond shape so there polarity basically makes a X kinda but my question is to the placement of the second antenna to the first one. How far below the first antenna is ideal? An should they both be aligned the same or should the second antenna offset to the side some kinda so the 2 V tops come down beside each other. Hopefully I explained that well and someone could help me out with this. It would be greatly appreciated!

JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: MIMO Setup Help

Post by JimHelms » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:31 pm

There are a number of people that have tried various arrangements and spacing.

Some mount the antennas side by side using a T on the top of the mask which seem to work better in heavy foliage.

Most install them one on top of the other with only an inch or two between. This seems to be a general default for the configuration.

Other customers have experimented with the spacing between the antennas, and most admit it makes little (if any) difference in their performance. Others say that spreading them with a six in space improves their Signal to noise ratio.

swwifty

Post by swwifty » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:02 am

This is really heavily dependent upon your situation, and you'll have to experiment to find the best positioning.

That being said, wireless channel conditions can change from min to min, and hour to hour, so don't get too obsessive over it, just make sure that the signal stats on both antennas look equal, and leave them there.

Twoods196

Post by Twoods196 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:48 am

Thanks for the replies. So as for alignment the point on the bottom of the top antenna and the point on the top of the bottom antenna should be aligned? As most picstures I have see the bottom antenna off sets the top one and then slides up beside it by a inch or two. Which way would be best for someone that lives in North MS. Whave some hills but nothing major and we do have a lot of foilage. Thanks!

Twoods196

Post by Twoods196 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:07 am

Nevermind as I was setting it up I see now why there offset. So the bracket can attach to the poke. Thanks again

swwifty

Post by swwifty » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:25 am

You want to align them in a +/- 45 degree setup.

The antennas should indicate on a sticker the direction of polarization, and you want one at -45 degrees and the other at +45 degrees.