DMZ - Alternative to Bridging a Router

How To Tutorials related to Routers and Firmware
Forum rules
This forum is for tutorials only--not for help or assistance.
BillA

Re: DMZ - Alternative to Bridging a Router

Post by BillA » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:35 pm

WarBeard wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:36 am
I know this is an older guide, I but I used it to solve an issue I was having. Would I still be able to use OpenVPN on this setup or do I have to have dhcp, etc. turned on to do so?

DHCP has to do with assigning local IP's to your connected devices. A VPN is used to established an encrypted connection. You can run it with or without DHCP depending if you're using your mobile router in bridge/bypass mode connected to a second router which serves DHCP instead. Generally you don't want two routers on the same network both serving DHCP, it can create conflict.

JoshKelly

Post by JoshKelly » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:22 pm

JimHelms wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:44 pm
OpenWRT/LEDE does not have a true bridge mode. The closest configuration to bridging is to DMZ (De-Militarized Zone) all traffic from the gateway router (WE826) to a secondary router/device (MAIN ROUTER) which will handle the DHCP and Firewall.
Does this break the custom TTL settings in GO if I follow the tutorial? Meaning will my TTL still be reported as 65 to tmobile even though my ER12 is taking care of all the router functions?

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:46 pm

iptables should apply the mangle to all traffic through the interface specified. I think at least.

JoshKelly

Post by JoshKelly » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:26 pm

Didneywhorl wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:46 pm
iptables should apply the mangle to all traffic through the interface specified. I think at least.
Thank you so much Didney 🙂!