Ok. SO the backstory to all this is I had a 4g thing set up for unlimited internet with a company called --freedata.io--
It was all fine and dandy until we all found out together that we'd been bamboozled by Dean the Great Dicknoozle. See our somber accounts of these sad events in this thread (yeh one of my other accounts is in there so dont stalk me you creepin peepers). Evidently sprint pulled all those plans and we never knew until our internet went down and the company Sprint told us to call had vanished into thin air. (The domain is for sale btw so snap it up if you wanna be a deuchenozzle and fool some other scroobs)
AND now we get into the meat n totos my fuzzy wuzzy friens. Some requirements:
1. Have an MC7455 (if there are chinese characters on the packaging you ger extwa sorcial point)
2. Have Project Fi data only sim. You can get one for free if you have a phone with project fi.
3. Have a program called Huawei Modem Terminal. Shit looks sketch. But it works and includes minimal ruski spying. Less than Faceboot at least. Google it and find a free download.
4. An external antenna or the poor little excuse for antennae that *sometimes* come with the mc7455.
If you have these and want to get connected heres how it goes bobo.
1. Put the sim -> mc7455 -> pci-e to usb adapter -> connnputa (this is a real life hardware hack n slash folks)
2. Open Huawei Terminal, connect to the one that has WWAN in it, and enter some commands
Code: Select all
at!entercnd="A710" <- This makes it so you can put commands in at+cpin? <- This makes sure your sim is seated correctly. Should say READY. at!usbcomp=1,1,1009 <- This puts your thingymadoodle into MBIM mode. Jus nod ya head at!cgdcont=1,"ipv4v6","h2g2" <- Puts in the APN n stoofs at!reset <- reset
4. Go into your computers "Windows Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile" place (its not in the nono zone bless its lil heart)
5. Click "Advanced Options"
6. Add an APN and in the APN block enter h2g2. In the Ip type block I had to put IPv4 but you can try Ipv4v6.
And now you should see that cute little bar graph with an asterisk in the bottom right. Just go down and hit connect. This should work for other carriers too but you have to put in that carriers APN where its called for. They can be found in a google search. Help me get more women interested in this stuff by encouraging your friends and family to follow what they like and not what they think they should. THANKS FOR READING.