EM7565 Verizon support

Related to Modems, Hotspots, Dongles ONLY
optymyze
Has thanked: 0

Re: EM7565 Verizon support

Post by optymyze » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:29 am

swwifty wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 am
I had to get a supported 4G modem, and get it registered with that. Then move the sim into the MC7455.
I'm trying to get a LTE modem router setup on my postpaid Verizon plan as a tablet. Apparently the plan is only throttled under congestion from my most recent check here (and tablets get video up to 1080p):
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support ... plan-faqs/

Is this how you finally have yours set up? Or are you using PagePlus? Or are you using a 3rd party unlimited reseller?

I just purchased a Pantech UML290 in case I need it. Also, I'm purchasing the GLiNet Spitz X750 with Quectel EP06-A modem. This router allows me to easily change the IMEI with a simple command.
Looking into how to set up an awesome LTE driven network of houses in a hollow of Eastern Kentucky! :lol:

swwifty

Post by swwifty » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:18 pm

optymyze wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:29 am
I'm trying to get a LTE modem router setup on my postpaid Verizon plan as a tablet. Apparently the plan is only throttled under congestion from my most recent check here (and tablets get video up to 1080p):
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support ... plan-faqs/

Is this how you finally have yours set up? Or are you using PagePlus? Or are you using a 3rd party unlimited reseller?

I just purchased a Pantech UML290 in case I need it. Also, I'm purchasing the GLiNet Spitz X750 with Quectel EP06-A modem. This router allows me to easily change the IMEI with a simple command.
I have a direct Verizon unlimited plan. I set it up originally with the pantech on a Windows machine with VZmanger software. I then switched the sim to the MC7455 and it connected and worked as expected. You can't activate with the MC7455 as its not supported by Verizion, but still works with their network after you activate the sim in the Pantech.

optymyze

Post by optymyze » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:34 pm

swwifty wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:18 pm
I have a direct Verizon unlimited plan. I set it up originally with the pantech on a Windows machine with VZmanger software. I then switched the sim to the MC7455 and it connected and worked as expected. You can't activate with the MC7455 as its not supported by Verizion, but still works with their network after you activate the sim in the Pantech.
Hm. Can you link me to this "direct Verizon unlimited plan"?! Or could you be more specific, I guess? I just want to be clear so that if I follow in your steps, I'll be good haha. We have 4 postpaid lines. Did you just add an extra one of those?
Looking into how to set up an awesome LTE driven network of houses in a hollow of Eastern Kentucky! :lol:

james1193

Post by james1193 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:24 am

Also interested to know this. I've been using a Verizon "Unlimited" SIM purchased on eBay for about a year with great speeds and a soft 750GB/month data cap. Was paying $65/month. Just got notice last month this plan was being discontinued, so in search of a replacement.. I just activated a new eBay SIM, also Verizon, and the speeds are unusable. It's a bummer because the old plan was great.

swwifty

Post by swwifty » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:28 am

optymyze wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:34 pm
Hm. Can you link me to this "direct Verizon unlimited plan"?! Or could you be more specific, I guess? I just want to be clear so that if I follow in your steps, I'll be good haha. We have 4 postpaid lines. Did you just add an extra one of those?
I got it a while back, sometime last year, and then they discontinued it (like they often do).

I'm not sure what plans they have now, but I got it as a pre-paid line.

optymyze

Post by optymyze » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:36 am

swwifty wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:28 am
I got it a while back, sometime last year, and then they discontinued it (like they often do).

I'm not sure what plans they have now, but I got it as a pre-paid line.
Ah ok. Thanks for the update. I think I'll be trying PagePlus.

gscheb

Post by gscheb » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:35 am

Hello.
If you do try pageplus please report in and let us know how it does. Very interested in how much it is deprioritized.
Thanks

james1193

Post by james1193 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:12 pm

Not OP, but going through the same thing right now. Just activated my PagePlus SIM, and the results are not good. I activated the SIM using my iPhone's IMEI and immediately noticed the download speeds are significantly slower. Seems like a straight up throttle to me. Upload is actually fairly decent.

However, after activating and running some speed tests on my phone, I put the SIM into my router and it wouldn't even connect at all. Seems like PagePlus/Tracfone isn't allowing any network access to my Sierra EM7565. Restarted and retried a few times to be sure before putting the old SIM back in, which worked right away.

To recap my results so far:

Current VZW Plan**: 30MB download, 10-15 upload, overall very fast and 750GB soft cap. Speeds are the same on iPhone and EM7565.

VZW Prepaid: Similar to above VZW but only when used in a phone. When I insert SIM to the EM7565, speeds dropped to 1-3MB. Hardly usable.

PagePlus: Similar 1-3MB speeds as VZW Prepaid, but could not connect the EM7565 at all. Unusable for me.

** Current VZW plan is from a mystery eBay reseller, and is going to be terminated any day now... It is supposedly post-paid but I'm not sure. The reseller must have went under, so I need a replacement.

Next steps... Going to try and get a refund from PagePage (yeah, right) since I was stupidly optimistic and got the $55 plan upfront. If anyone else wants to try, I would strongly suggest the $12 plan to see if it works for you. 500MB of data should be sufficient for testing.

I am tempted to take my Current VZW SIM into a store and see if they can tell me what type of plan it even is, and if there is anything similar I can pay. I'm willing to pay more just to keep the good service I already have, since I really have no other internet options here besides satellite.

Beyond that, I may have to try a T-Mobile or AT&T MVNO. Coverage on those networks isn't nearly as good as VZW, but I can get one or two bars on my cell phone depending on my location in the house. Might be able to improve with better antennas. Curious to hear from anyone else using PagePlus though..

JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:25 pm

We have one Verizon unlimited data only reseller that we have worked for a couple of years. He said a few days ago that he still had a few slots open.

If you will reach out to us on the store via email, we will send you his contact info.

james1193

Post by james1193 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Will do that, thank you as always Jim.