Related to Modems, Hotspots, Dongles ONLY
Nrdslyr
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Putting Calyx SIM in different hotspot

Post by Nrdslyr » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:38 pm

Didneywhorl wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:41 am
I don't run the Calyx SIM full time anymore, but I setup a test yesterday with an EM12 and mine connected fine.

I was using the latest WiFiX firmware. I'm curious if using the openWRT base with modemmanager would work better.

It is super hard to tell though.

When did you get your Calyx account setup? Mine is about 3 years old.

I'm so sorry if I'm highjacking this thread but I'm a newb to all of this , trying to learn how all this works, so ...I live in a rural florida area , this question is for didneywhorl . by doing your setup is it forcing the the router to use t-mobile signal instead of sprint? I'm asking because I have really good t-mobile signal but weak sprint signal , im thinking of using calyx , but if i do im told it will prioritize sprint before tmobile even if its weaker ..thanks

Didneywhorl

Re: Putting Calyx SIM in different hotspot

Post by Didneywhorl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:12 am

Nrdslyr wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:38 pm
I'm so sorry if I'm highjacking this thread but I'm a newb to all of this , trying to learn how all this works, so ...I live in a rural florida area , this question is for didneywhorl . by doing your setup is it forcing the the router to use t-mobile signal instead of sprint? I'm asking because I have really good t-mobile signal but weak sprint signal , im thinking of using calyx , but if i do im told it will prioritize sprint before tmobile even if its weaker ..thanks
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, so far as I've seen if there is any Sprint tower signal at all, or bands, the network will only allow you to use them. The Tmobile bands are available, but it seems to prefer the Sprint stuff.

You MIGHT get to use the Tmobile only, but I've not seen anyone say their modem/hotspot used Tmobile bands when Sprint was present.

at some point it should all be one set of bands, but for now ... :shrug: