Topics related to Routers
prasta
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MoFi issue or Verizon police? UPDATED

Post by prasta » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:41 pm

431cruiser wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:03 pm
Rebooting, restoring and reloading with a new SIM have not worked. Originally, I assumed it was Verizon blocking the net traffic, but I hadn’t received any messages from them or other reasons to think so. I just assumed it since the router suddenly stopped working.

I’ve tried a new sim from ATT and I still can’t connect. Network sharing shows a connection like the photos I attached in a previous post, but I can’t ping any site successfully.

Can you please advise me on what I can do to try to fix this thing? Or should I buy another one? I don’t know how or what to troubleshoot from here.
Hey Cruiser, what did you end up doing here? I'm about to take the plunge into LTE modem/router world, this thread has been illuminating, since I'm thinking about a similar config.

431cruiser

Re: MoFi issue or Verizon police?

Post by 431cruiser » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks, guys, for your help and to Bill and Didney for providing the links. I got the new ATT sim to work by resetting the module from a link inside the admin screen. Apparently, rebooting, resetting, nor restoring apply to the module at all.

The only issues I’m having now are that testing each bands makes it unstable. I eventually have to reset module and modem. Also, it appears that I have fewer bands that work with the ATT sim versus the vzw one.

I guess vzn figured out what I was doing and somehow stopped that sim from working with that router, although it still visits the www if I put it back in the phone.

Thanks to you guys for the tips and suggestions the past few weeks.

431cruiser

Re: MoFi issue or Verizon police? UPDATED

Post by 431cruiser » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:07 pm

prasta wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:41 pm
Hey Cruiser, what did you end up doing here? I'm about to take the plunge into LTE modem/router world, this thread has been illuminating, since I'm thinking about a similar config.

Hey prasta. I like my MoFi, but their service is nonexistent, and there are less expensive options that work just as well as it. I was in a situation where I needed internet ASAP, had not done any research at all, and bought this because a friend in my rural area recommended it. I have since learned that there is an LTE router with the same modem, similar bands, and same stock antennas for about half price. I don’t remember the name or model, but it seems like it’s available for sale on this site.

The MoFi does all I want it to do. I don’t care about customizing or any extra features. I can see my towers, so the stock antennas and the speed I get are good enough for how I use it.

Didneywhorl

Re: MoFi issue or Verizon police?

Post by Didneywhorl » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:26 am

Ltefix.com
NEXQ6GO-U with a Sierra MC7411 would be a Mofi4500 SIM8 copy.

NEXR5GO with MC7411 would be better