ISP wants a MOFI4500-4GXELTE-SIM4_COMBO...alternatives?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
longo

Re: ISP wants a MOFI4500-4GXELTE-SIM4_COMBO...alternatives?

Post by longo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:11 pm

It is a WISP. I'll try to contact him. If anyone has any suggestions please advise. I've seen some plans on ebay that state unlimited throttling and data, but I'm not sure if this is accurate. BTW I'm located just outside San Antonio by Lytle, pretty much a dead zone for Spectrum and Fiber services, but I live about 1.5 miles from 2 ATT towers that have very great signal.

swwifty

Post by swwifty » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:37 am

longo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:11 pm
It is a WISP. I'll try to contact him. If anyone has any suggestions please advise. I've seen some plans on ebay that state unlimited throttling and data, but I'm not sure if this is accurate. BTW I'm located just outside San Antonio by Lytle, pretty much a dead zone for Spectrum and Fiber services, but I live about 1.5 miles from 2 ATT towers that have very great signal.
Sorry to hear your WISP isn't that great. Sounds like they need to do some upgrades.

MASzone

Post by MASzone » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:25 pm

I actually have this MOFI4500. Can you PM me some service solutions. I am in need of unlimited. thanks, Miguel

NoobNeutralizer

Post by NoobNeutralizer » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:27 am

JimHelms wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:24 am
I will PM you.
Will you please PM me the info?

Thank you...
Werd to Big Bird...

Garbage internet

Post by Garbage internet » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:33 pm

I know I'm late to the conversation but I'm looking for alternatives to UbiFi. I also know that UbiFi has a service that offers a static IP address to use so you can game on Xbox with a moderate or open NAT type. I need something similar out of an ISP.

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:52 pm

I believe there is a facebook group called 'unlimited hotspot....' something or other. May want to check there.

Ive not heard of a service that easily offers a true static public ip. More likely they offer a public dynamic ip.

Anyway. There are more and more mvno offers out there.
Sprint can be done from Mobile Citizen, PCs for People, CalyxInstitute.org
ATT can be gotten directly via ipad/tablet plans, and many various mvno's
Tmobile, and Verizon, mvno's abound

MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator)
A few.... Olive IP, UnlimitedVille, UnlimitedIRL, Ubifi, etc

Just search things like Rural internet LTE etc
LTE noob, for sure. Learning though.

Garbage internet

Post by Garbage internet » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:30 pm

I need to stick at&t bc t mobile & Sprint are non starters here. Verizon has started being terrible in the last 8 months or so. I just need to figure what all equipment I need to get for the setup

BillA

Post by BillA » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:55 pm

swwifty wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 pm
If you message Jim or contact him through the ltefix.com website (link is above a few posts in this thread) he can help you with an alternative. You don't need to use a mofi to get service with Ubifi, but also you don't need Ubifi either.

Do you have service with a WISP, not sure what you mean by PTP service?

PTP means Point-To-Point packet radio service, with the advantage of really long range (over 30 miles), which can deliver up to 100Mbps (in the real world is less than half), and it's expensive compared to cellular. In some areas where there's no cellular service, PTP or PTM (Point-To-Multi radio) is the only choice besides satellite.

swwifty

Post by swwifty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 am

BillA wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:55 pm
PTP means Point-To-Point packet radio service, with the advantage of really long range (over 30 miles), which can deliver up to 100Mbps (in the real world is less than half), and it's expensive compared to cellular. In some areas where there's no cellular service, PTP or PTM (Point-To-Multi radio) is the only choice besides satellite.
I'm well aware, just didn't know what he meant by PTP. Never heard of WISP service referenced as that. I know some WISPs will do PTP service for commercial users, but not typical for residential.

longo

Post by longo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:25 am

It's very common on the outskirts of san antonio area. Kinda of a monopoly for us. Vtx took over rock solid from my sources. Crowded network makes it's difficult to use. If only I can find a card that would support the AWS band to take full advantage of lte, but using mofi I still dont think it would support it. I wish I could get cable service out here, there is cable line on the poles but I dont think spectrum would invest in the suburbs/ranch community. Unless your a subdivision or something of that nature. Will see where trump goes with this initiative for internet for all rural America.