WE826-T2 router

Related to Router Devices ONLY
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WE826-T2 router

Post by JimHelms » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:12 am

james1193 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:37 am
Ok, I'll have to order a USB to M.2 adapter but will give it a try. Is this a good guide to follow? viewtopic.php?t=78
I have just updated that topic and link to the latest firmware.
Also, just curious - when you said I'm only receiving band 13 at 10mHz, what should I expect to see? A 20mHz band, multiple 10mHz bands with CA, or something else?
You should be able to see the Secondary carrier bands that are used for Carrier Aggregation. You can review THIS post as an example.

james1193

Post by james1193 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:25 am

WOW, I didn't realize you authorized that guide when I posted the link. Thank you so much for your contributions and advice here. I'll post an update in a few days after I get a M.2/USB adapter and have a better idea how things are with the modem firmware update. Any thoughts/suggestions on possibly upgrading the router firmware as well, or should I leave that as is?

xdavidx

Post by xdavidx » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:57 pm

james1193 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:43 am
While I logged in to and navigating the router's Web UI, it happened to disconnect on me, and it seemed like the entire router froze up. After attempting to refresh the page a few times, everything came back to life, and the internet was available again. According to the uptime command (ran over SSH) the router did NOT reboot. I am starting to wonder if this is more of a router/firmware issue than a modem issue. While this occurred, I lost approximately 20 pings to google.com.
You could try running a constant ping to the router's IP address to see if the router can't communicate at the same time the issue happens.

Since you have SSH access, you could probably write a little script to log the voltage and temperature every second to a file. However, the temperature looked fine and if you took that reading near when it froze, I doubt it was temperature related, since it wouldn't have had time to cool down that fast. Voltage is a longshot, but I'm not really sure what else could be causing the freezing. It would help to find out if the router is freezing up or just the modem. The ping I mentioned above could help narrow it down. It is *possible* that some functions are freezing up and not others, so even if the ping works, something else could be locked up in the router at the time, but if ping locks up (ping to the router, not to the internet), then you know something is going on with the router.

JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:12 pm

james1193 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:43 am
While I logged in to and navigating the router's Web UI, it happened to disconnect on me, and it seemed like the entire router froze up. After attempting to refresh the page a few times, everything came back to life, and the internet was available again.
Are you running the WiFiX version of GoldenOrb. If so, I wonder if this may somehow be associated with the internal ping/reboot modem script.

You might want to try a standard GoldenOrb build.

I will also use the Firmware Recovery Method to reload the standard build. Once loaded, I would use GOldenOrb's web UI and reload the firmware a second time. Make sure the box is UNCHECKED to SAVE SETTINGS).

xdavidx

Post by xdavidx » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:32 pm

JimHelms wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:12 pm
Are you running the WiFiX version of GoldenOrb. If so, I wonder if this may somehow be associated with the internal ping/reboot modem script.
Maybe the clock is off, so it is doing it during the day instead of the real 3 AM?

james1193

Post by james1193 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Finally got around to trying the modem firmware update this morning, but I keep getting error 0x0, and it doesn't appear the modem is even being detected by Windows 10 - I don't even see it listed anywhere in device manager.. I've tried with the USB adapter, and also using the laptop's mini PCI-e slot (with the M2 adapter I was using in the WE826). Any tips for Win 10? Otherwise I might dig up an older computer tonight and try with that.

I've also set up Nirsoft's "PingInfoView" to run a continuous ping against my router (192.168.1.1) and Google (8.8.8.8) and save the results to a text file.. It's been running all weekend, and I haven't missed as many pings as I expected to see. I seem to have observed more disconnects/timeouts than I have missed pings. It's even noticeable when browsing the web, where pages seem to take forever loading but when I click refresh it comes up almost immediately. I don't think I was using a WiFix firmware but flashed again with GoldenOrb to be sure.

xdavidx

Post by xdavidx » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:00 pm

When you say disconnects, do you mean modem disconnects? I am not sure how you could have a modem disconnect and not miss any pings, unless the frequency of pings is too infrequent. Are they run every second? And is there a difference between the router pings and Google pings?