cannot ping WE826-T2 with T-mobile Quectel EC25-A

Related to Router Devices ONLY
complexx

Re: cannot ping WE826-T2 with T-mobile Quectel EC25-A

Post by complexx » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:01 am

So I have managed to clear entries 2,3 and 4 in the list (no idea why they are there in the first place but they were there already), but entry 1 simply does not work when set to "IP", it only seems to work when set to "IPV4V6". The APN of "b2b.static" is a requirement of t-mobile so they can issue a static ip to the device.

T-mobile is telling me that they do not allow dual stack IPv6 setups, and requested that I set the protocol to IPv4 only. Seems odd that this setting is not available at the router configuration level.

The AT commands that Jim suggested in the startup do not resolve this either.

I also try to directly set the IP in the startup command with
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","b2b.static","<static ip address>"
which breaks the modem connection on reboot, it doesn't work.

Current functioning setup shows, I'm not able to get it working in any other configuration of settings:

at+cgdcont?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IPV4V6","b2b.static","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0
+CGDCONT: 2,"IP","","0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0
+CGDCONT: 3,"IP","","0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0
+CGDCONT: 4,"IP","","0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0

I do have an MC7455 module on the way which I can switch to as a backup plan, but I really would like to resolve this with the Quectel.

xdavidx

Post by xdavidx » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:15 am

In the misc screen, do either of these commands work?

at+cgdcont=1,"IP","fast.t-mobile.com"

at+cgdcont=1,"IPV4V6","fast.t-mobile.com"

complexx

Post by complexx » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:36 pm

Neither work as a start-up command.

But they are accepted when manually input in the misc screen. Although when I reboot they aren't retained.

xdavidx

Post by xdavidx » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:46 pm

complexx wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:36 pm

But they are accepted when manually input in the misc screen. Although when I reboot they aren't retained.
If at+cgdcont=1,"IPV4V6","fast.t-mobile.com" doesn't work as a startup command, then they must really have you locked into only using the b2b.static APN. Not sure why that wouldn't work with a value of "IP" though.

Did you give it the static ip address after the "fast.t-mobile.com" or leave that parameter off? Maybe try both ways to see if it they give you the IP vs you hard coding it. Same with the "b2b.static" APN test. Try without putting the IP address on the line.

Have you tested that you are getting an IPv6 address too? Did they say why they won't let you have an IPv6 address *and* a static IPv4 address?

You can still try this: "under Network->Interfaces->Wan6, there are some settings. You can disable requesting an IPV6 address. Will that work? You can also disable DHCPv6 in the UI I believe."

JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:53 pm

complexx wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:36 pm

You may end up changing the IPV4V6 internally but I am not sure where or what needs to be changed. I looked at some of the scripts but could never decide which one to alter.

I would go to the Whirlpool (GoldenOrb/ROOter) forum and pose the question to them. Chances are, they can give you an answer pretty quick.