Unlimited AT&T Post Paid Tablet Plan with MoFi

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
mtbholt
Has thanked: 0

Unlimited AT&T Post Paid Tablet Plan with MoFi

Post by mtbholt » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi everyone, I am trying to figure something out here. My friend has the "Access for iPad 4G LTE" $20 post paid plan with AT&T and his plan works perfectly with the MoFi.

I just received the "Unlimited for Tablet" $20 post paid plan with AT&T. And it doesn't seem to work with the MoFi. (I already activated the SIM in an iPad mini 1st gen and 4G works great with the iPad). I originally requested the "Access for iPad 4G LTE" plan but the rep said that plan wasn't available.

My friend and I both have a MoFi SIM 4

The strange thing is my friend received a blue/white universal SIM card when he first got the plan. However, I only received a yellow nano sized SIM with no other adapters on the card.
My friend and I have tried swapping SIM cards in both routers. My friend's SIM works fine in either router, however mine does not. We reset all settings and set back up again, no luck.

The other strange thing is that once in a while I can get it to work on WCDMA band 2, which is a 3G band (speed is very very slow on this band).

Right now we are stuck. I'm thinking it must be something with the SIM card or plan that's causing the issue.

Would anyone have any thoughts on this?

baughmanrn
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unlimited AT&T Post Paid Tablet Plan with MoFi

Post by baughmanrn » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:42 am

I have the exact same problem.

thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:14 am

Seems odd, and you've ruled most problems out with hardware by using his SIM. Maybe something with the plan, maybe pop it back inthe ipad and have them reprovision the card.

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:22 am

mtbholt wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:32 pm
Hi everyone, I am trying to figure something out here. My friend has the "Access for iPad 4G LTE" $20 post paid plan with AT&T and his plan works perfectly with the MoFi.

I just received the "Unlimited for Tablet" $20 post paid plan with AT&T. And it doesn't seem to work with the MoFi. (I already activated the SIM in an iPad mini 1st gen and 4G works great with the iPad). I originally requested the "Access for iPad 4G LTE" plan but the rep said that plan wasn't available.

My friend and I both have a MoFi SIM 4

The strange thing is my friend received a blue/white universal SIM card when he first got the plan. However, I only received a yellow nano sized SIM with no other adapters on the card.
My friend and I have tried swapping SIM cards in both routers. My friend's SIM works fine in either router, however mine does not. We reset all settings and set back up again, no luck.

The other strange thing is that once in a while I can get it to work on WCDMA band 2, which is a 3G band (speed is very very slow on this band).

Right now we are stuck. I'm thinking it must be something with the SIM card or plan that's causing the issue.

Would anyone have any thoughts on this?
Sounds like you used an old ipad models imei to sign up.

gscheb

Post by gscheb » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:42 pm

Didneywhorl wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:22 am
Hello,
Looking for some help with post pay att tablet plan setup. Want to try it out now that I hear the proxy issues are fixed.
Don't know anything about tablets. Hear how people activate them in wrong device and then don't work for there lte needs.
Wondering what is the cheapest device to buy to get the plan going?
What are the steps on getting it going?
Can you do this without imei funny business on your router? Don't want to do that.

Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:17 pm

I have seen magic happen with a hard factory reset of the MoFi.

MUST REMOVE SIM FIRST!!

Make a back up of your settings and do screen shots.
Remove the SIM and do a factory reset of the MoFi. :ugeek:

gscheb

Post by gscheb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:37 pm

Didneywhorl wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:22 am
Hello,
Looking for some help with post pay att tablet plan setup. Want to try it out now that I hear the proxy issues are fixed.
Don't know anything about tablets. Hear how people activate them in wrong device and then don't work for there lte needs.
Wondering what is the cheapest device to buy to get the plan going?
What are the steps on getting it going?
Can you do this without imei funny business on your router? Don't want to do that.

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:04 pm

I'm not 100% sure about the best tablet to use for activation other than the newest you can afford. It should work with ipad or android. My account is about 8 months or so old, and I've never done any imei funny business. I've swapped mine to multiple devices, every week. I use it for ATT tests.

gscheb

Post by gscheb » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 pm

Didneywhorl wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:04 pm
I'm not 100% sure about the best tablet to use for activation other than the newest you can afford. It should work with ipad or android. My account is about 8 months or so old, and I've never done any imei funny business. I've swapped mine to multiple devices, every week. I use it for ATT tests.
Thank you for the answer.

Do you or anyone else know of people using beyond 500 gigs on this plan per month?
Has anyone bought this plan thru Ebay.
People are selling this plan like pre set up or something like here : https://www.ebay.com/itm/124015772615

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Yes, lots of people on the Facebook group have touted over 1TB of use, to which many will say they are abusing. :shrug:

I do not know about the ebay sellers though.