PagePlus & non-VoLTE devices

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
bannor4023
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PagePlus & non-VoLTE devices

Post by bannor4023 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:10 am

I'm currently running a Mofi4500 SIM4 with PagePlus. All of which seems to be working perfectly thanks to the sage advice on this forum.

When I initially activated the PagePlus SIM, I did so using my iPhone 6S Plus. One thing I've noticed; however, is that once I put the SIM into the Mofi, I start receiving a message on my PagePlus Account page that reads: "Please note that you are using a non-VoLTE device that will no longer be supported by our network partner after 12/31/2020. You can visit www.yourphoneupgrade.com/pageplus to get a phone that works on the new network technology."

Pop the SIM back into the iPhone and this message disappears.

Apparently, PagePlus is actively reading the IMEI's and can detect the usage of non-Phone devices based on this. I'm wondering if others have seen this...? Is this a clear indication that come 12/31/2020, the service will no longer work using router devices?

Thoughts?

iamromulan

Re: PagePlus & non-VoLTE devices

Post by iamromulan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:23 pm

Yup! I had the same issue. Unfortunately the only way around this is using your pagePlus sim in a device with an approved IMEI..... Google is your friend ;)